STOP THE TEAR – MINIMIZE THE WEAR with MICKE 190-30 CC high friction, extremely wear resistant, and mechanically ultra strong ceramized organic woven brake linings (organo-ceramic brake linings), which provide extreme wear resistance + ultra mechanical strength with increased dynamic and static friction coefficients thanks to MICKE’s own specially-developed, special inorganic ceramizing process.
Our final customer, Société Nationale Industrielle et Minière (SNIM), is a 75% state owned company which employs 5000 permanent workers and operates the largest open pit iron ore mines in Northern Africa – Guelb el Rhein, Kedia d’Idjill, and M’Haoudat – near the city of Zouerate in the province of Tiris in Mauretania. After drilling and blasting, the iron ore is loaded onto heavy-duty 200-ton Le Tourneau mine trucks by huge 26 m³ shovel volume P&H drag lines. The trucks haul the ore to crushing terminals, from which the ore is transported to the nearby concentration and enrichment plants via belt conveyor systems. The concentrated ore finally leaves by train, and is shipped over 700 km to the ore port terminals at Nouadhibou on the Atlantic coast. In 2010, SNIM produced approximately 12 million tons of hematite and magnetite iron ore, and still owns mining reserves for approximately 100 years of exploitation. SNIM is regarded the 7th biggest supplier of iron ore on the international market and had 1.1 billion USD of turnover in 2010.
Plug & Play exchange of existing organic, homogeneously mixed, hot pressed US made brake & clutch linings in favor of our MICKE organo–ceramic brake linings, woven brake & clutch linings type 190-30 CC featuring our worldwide unique inorganic hybrid binding system.
Due to its unique system characteristics as a hybrid binding system, the ceramization of our brake & clutch linings MICKE type 190-30 CC achieved the following advantages over the existing homogeneously mixed, hot pressed US made friction materials:
1. Extreme increase of the mechanical and chemical coherence of the yarn filaments within the MICKE woven lining by 300%
2. Considerable increase of pressure, shear and tension strength of brake linings by 250%. A direct effect is the 5 times higher rivet and bolt holding strength and complete absence of lining breakage and heat fissures, which were very common with the US made linings in heavy operation.
3. Considerable increase in temperature stability by a factor of 2.5 by more than 250°C (480°F), which then was raised to 550°C (1000°F).
4. Considerably higher heat strength, generating much lower friction fading under temperature and paired with much lower variation of hot friction coefficient at < 10%.
5. Considerably lower lining wear, resulting in a 3 times longer lining lifetime associated with considerably reduced investment cost.
6. Considerably higher dynamic and static friction coefficients by 20%, to be regarded as an additional safety momentum, µ dyn = 0.53, µ stat = 0.60.
7. Considerable increase of chemical resistance against aggressive media in the working environment or in direct contact with chemical influence factors.
8. Considerable decrease in the specific pressure on friction lining surfaces, down to 50% of the existing values due to the higher dynamic and static friction coefficients.
9. Considerable decrease of annual lining procurement costs due to lower amount of linings purchased.
10. Considerable decrease of maintenance cost due to longer lining exchange intervals
11. Considerable decrease of mechanical stress for the brake drums due to the use of much less aggressive MICKE linings + a lower heat energy input resulting in increased brake drum lifetime and associated lower investment, maintenance, and repair costs.
12. Considerable increase of draglines’ productivity due to shorter braking times and reduced lining exchange intervals.
The worldwide unique MICKE ceramizing process and protective coating may be applied to any friction material of any dimension or geometry on organic, sintered metal, or ceramic basis, provided the lining still has a residual pore volume. The process always leads to an increase in mechanical and chemical strengths, temperature limits, friction coefficients and lining lifetime.
PLEASE DEMAND OUR CERAMISED BRAKE & CLUTCH LININGS FOR YOUR TECHNICAL AND FINANCIAL BENEFIT.